- Susan Tran, former newscaster at WSOC (package includes a four-night/three-day trip for two to Bermuda).
- Alessandra Ball, ballet dancer with N.C. Dance Theatre (package includes premium tickets to a number of different N.C. Dance Theatre performances)
- Brad Beltrondo, managing partner at Suite (package includes various EpiCentre VIP cards, restaurant gift certificates, pampering at Modern Salon and a package at Palm Beach Tan)
- Johnathan Cuevas, owner of Apostrophe Lounge (package includes Bobcats tickets, a VIP table at Apostrophe and various gift certificates to uptown and Southend hotspots)
- Olivia Moore, leasing manager at Ashton Southend (package includes chauffeured limousine service, autographed Panthers memorabilia and a gift certificate to Neiman Marcus)
- Jack Egbert, pitcher for the Charlotte Knights (package includes a 14-person suite at Knights Stadium, throwing out the first pitch and a tour of the clubhouse)
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Halloween bashes are spooking Charlotte! Here's a list of events this weekend.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
- Do have enough high-top tables for people to perch with their food. It's a good way to get people to socializing and takes the awkwardness out of eating standing up. (Ushers also swiftly cleared tables of trash to keep them clean and open to other partygoers.)
- Don't keep the fluorescent lights on. It's never flattering and it takes away from the festive atmosphere.
- Do book an appropriate band. The Carey Simms Trio provided a perfect mix of party tunes Monday at a decibel level that suited the event (read: people could actually hold a conversation, but still enjoy the music if they wanted to).
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Charlotte’s Oktoberfest this weekend is sold out, but if you want your fall beer fix, you can gas up the car and head to Hickory. The three-day festival downtown will feature two beer gardens, food vendors, craft booths, three stages of live entertainment (polka to rock ‘n’ roll), and kid-friendly activities, too.
Forum marks the four-year milestone with an anniversary party featuring DJ Craze. VIP hosted bar tab courtesy of Sugar Society from 10-11 p.m.
Plaza Midwood and the Chantilly neighborhoods hold their sixth annual chili cookoff with music from the Loose Lugnuts, Belmont Playboys, Time, Aqualads, Johnson Boys, and Nita Belk and the Swingin’ Soirees. All you can eat chili. See if last year’s chili winners can defend their title. Family friendly fun by day, adult party at night. Proceeds benefit Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte. The event is rain or shine.
Looking for a fun way to celebrate Columbus Day? Come play Best Bars Charlotte Columbus Day Golf Tournament to benefit cystic fibrosis. Entry fee includes greens fees, cart fees, range balls, breakfast, lunch and dinner, embroidered golf shirt, transportation to and from the course, prizes and all beverages.
Test your poker skills against 2004 champion Gregory Raymer and other current and former sports celebs at the first Queen City Shootout charity poker tournament. Proceeds benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. For those who'd rather watch, bands Occasional Milkshake, Craving Melon and Blue Dogs will perform.
Monday, October 5, 2009
- Entry for yourself and three guests
- Private VIP entrance and exit with security detail if requested
- Complimentary valet parking
- Complimentary coat check
- Onsite massage therapists
- Concierge services
Thursday, October 1, 2009
An interesting e-mail just hit my inbox: the Double Door Inn at Lake Norman is set to reopen with the original owners taking the helm again.